Rockland Immunochemicals is seeking to hire a highly motivated scientist to join our R&D team. This position of Associate Scientist or Scientist I is to participate in all aspects of recombinant antibody discovery including but not limited to primers design, antibody library construction, antibody sequence analysis, cloning, expression and purification, screening.
ALL candidates with background in life sciences or related field are encouraged to apply. Training will be provided accordingly.
- Independently execute and analyze experiments under a minimal supervision
- Perform a variety of specialized laboratory technical tasks according to established protocols and methodology in the field of molecular biology, microbiology, cells culture, recombinant antibody discovery
- Participates in the execution of a variety of assays such ELISA, PCR, cloning, electrophoresis, extraction and purification of nucleic acid (mRNA, RNA, DNA), protein expression and screening
- Maintain an inventory of the material used
- Effectively collaborate with other members of the team
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces courage, collaboration, objectivity, and excellence.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biological sciences or other related degree
- 0– 2 Years of biological laboratory experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable, and has a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow established procedures under minimal supervision
- Skilled in molecular biology and/or immunological tools is a plus.
- Prior experience in the development of recombinant antibody is a plus.
- Prior experience in molecular biology techniques, including RNA/DNA isolation, PCR, vector and primer design, DNA, protein and antibody sequence analysis, recombinant protein expression is desired
- Experience with protein display technology such yeast or phage display is a plus